1.01.2009

4 Days . . .

After 3 days of intense training, I'm so ready for a coffee vacation. A vacation centered around coffee, that is, not a vacation from coffee. No, I don't think I ever really want a vacation from coffee -- I was thinking about it today and I've never been happier at a job. Yes it's stressful, yes I work way too much and way too hard, but it's all worth it in the end. I get to do something I love, hang out with awesome people, meet new awesome people, and improve my craft. Plus, coffee folks are hot ;)

Spent a few hours at the cart getting ready for the changeover. It doesn't look like much now, but its all coming together, and when it's all said and done, the new and improved El Cap is going to be fuckin' SEXY! I'm so excited that I'll be able to serve someone a real espresso, not that hot brown liquid I've been serving over the past year. Convinced P. to get real, ceramic demitasse cups -- fancy. The cart is growing up to become a real coffee shop!

Only 4 days, 9 hours, 17 minutes left until we leave for Portland/Tacoma. My Google Map indicates that I'll be thoroughly caffeinated:


View Larger Map

1 comment:

  1. Only 4 days? Really? Yow! Guess I'd better get those handwarmers going, huh?

    ReplyDelete